Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Log4j Cyberattacks: Hackers including have launched more than 840,000 Log4j-related attacks on companies globally since the Log4j flaw was disclosed on December 9, SC Magazine reported.
2. Talent - Identity and Access Management (IAM): iC Consult has hired Alight Solutions veteran Brad Kirkpatrick as CEO of the U.S. subsidiary iC Consult Americas.
3. Talent - Chief Security Officer: Druva has named Yogesh Badwe as chief security officer (CSO). Badwe will "oversee all facets of Druva’s cybersecurity posture and will be responsible for enhancing the company's security strategy and driving new initiatives to improve cyber and data resilience through the Druva Data Resiliency Cloud," the company said.
4. Talent: Coalfire has hired Accenture, Avanade, and CompuCom veteran Dennis Schumacher as CFO, and Unisys security veteran Chris Kloes as chief revenue officer (CRO). CompuCom, the MSP owned by Office Depot's parent, has been up for sale for most of 2021.
5. Funding - Cloud and Container Security: Sysdig raised $350 million at a $2.5 billion valuation...
6. Funding - API Security: Cequence Security has raised $60 million in Series C funding led by new investor Menlo Ventures. Additional participation comes from new investors ICON Ventures, Telstra Ventures and HarbourVest Partners. Existing investors Shasta Ventures, Dell Technologies Capital and T- Mobile Ventures also participated in this funding round. The latest round of funding brings total investment in the company to $100 million, the company said.
7. MDR and Cyber Risk Assessments: Pondurance has launched Cyber Risk Assessments powered by MyCyberScorecard. The new solution "analyzes and visualizes cyber exposure, making it easy to identify and prioritize the most significant security and compliance gaps and deliver recommendations for greater cyber resilience," the MDR (managed detection and response) service provider asserted.
8. Partner Program - Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Zero Trust: Authomize has launched Authomize Together, a new partner ecosystem program "designed to accelerate access to the company's automated authorization management platform," the company said. Authomize will launch a full Partner Portal in early 2022, in addition to a quarterly Partner Newsletter and product reviews. For 2022, Authomize has plans to expand the ecosystem and formalize additional partner motions. Authomize is backed by Microsoft's M12 venture fund.
9. Cyber Insurance: Cowbell Cyber has announced Cowbell Connector for Microsoft, which" enables policyholders to proactively manage cyber risks within their Microsoft footprint," the company said.
10. Owowa Malware Targets Microsoft IIS: Kaspersky has uncovered a previously unknown IIS module called Owowa. The malware steals credentials entered by a user when logging into Outlook Web Access (OWA). Owowa also allows the attackers to gain remote control access to the underlying server, Kaspersky said.
11. Superior Plus Ransomware Attack: Details are here...