Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Funding - MSP Security Software: Quickpass Cybersecurity, a privileged access management and help desk security automation software startup for MSPs, has raised $7 million in Series A funding. Key backers include Arthur Ventures.
2. Compliance - Cloud Marketplace for MSPs: Pax8 has completed the Service Organization Control for Service Organizations (SOC 2) type 1 examination to "assess information security controls over its system relevant to security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy."
3. Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR): Kaspersky has updated and rebranded its EDR product as Kaspersky Endpoint Detection and Response Expert. The software's investigation and response capabilities are "enhanced with automatic merging of alerts into incidents, YARA rules-based scanning and API integration for the response on hosts," Kaspersky indicated. The upgrade also features a cloud-based management console hosted in Azure, along with the previously available on-premise version.
4. Integration - Cloud-scale Security: Securonix announced a joint technology integration with Snowflake and Zscaler. The result: Security teams can "accelerate threat detection and response at cloud scale," the three companies assert.
5. Talent - Key Hires: KPMG has hired three key executives to further accelerate the company's UK-based cybersecurity business. The names to know include:
- BT Security veteran James Todd will lead KPMG’s Security Operations in the financial services sector.
- Cognizant veteran Graham Thomas joins as privacy director in the cyber consulting team, and also focuses on the financial services sector.
- Ankura Consulting Group veteran Catherine Collins joins as director of financial services for the cyber business.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- CyberArk Impact 2022 (July 12-14, Boston, Massachusetts)
- AWS re:Inforce (July 26-27, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar