Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Google Cloud Security and Mandiant - Next Moves?: Perhaps some details will surface at this week's Mandiant Worldwide Information Security Exchange (mWISE 2022) conference near Washington, D.C.
2. M&A - Done Deals: Thales has completed the acquisition of two European cybersecurity companies, S21sec (in Spain and Portugal) and Excellium (in Belgium and Luxembourg). The acquisitions were first announced and covered by MSSP Alert in May 2022.
3. Funding - Multi-Cloud Data Protection: has received funding from as part of a Series B extension. The investment follows on led by Acrew Capital that included Bain Capital Ventures (BCV) and new strategic investors Atlassian Ventures and Cisco Investments, HYCU said.
4. Zimbra Vulnerability: Unpatched Zimbra servers could face more remote code execution attacks, according to Kaspersky, SC Media reported. The warning is particularly important to telecom service providers and cable companies -- some of which run Zimbra's email software.
5. Research - Security Information & Event Management (SIEM): Global spending on SIEM solutions will exceed $6.4 billion by 2027, from just over $4.4 billion in 2022, according to Juniper Research. The top three SIEM companies, according to the research, are IBM, Rapid7 and Splunk.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- Mandiant mWise Cybersecurity Conference (October 18-20, Washington, D.C.)
- Claroty Nexus 2022 IoT Cybersecurity Conference (October 25-26, Miami Beach, Florida)
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2022 (October 26-28, In-person and Virtual)
- Forrester Security and Risk Conference 2022 (November 8-9, Washington, D.C.)
- Okta Oktane 2022 IAM Security Conference (November 8-10, San Francisco)