Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
2. M&A - Fraud Prevention: F5 Networks has acquired Shape for $1 billion. The deal will blend application security, bot network defenses and fraud prevention services for partners and customers.
3. Wawa Data Security Breach: Wawa has disclosed a security breach involving malware that ran on the company's network from March 2019 until December 12, 2019. The breach has now been contained, CEO Chris Gheysens disclosed in a letter to Wawa customers.
4. Facebook Privacy and Security: Facebook will no longer feed user phone numbers provided to it for two-factor authentication into its “people you may know” feature, as part of a wide-ranging overhaul of its privacy practices, Reuters reports.
6. SOC and MDR Expansion: Arctic Wolf Networks, a security operations center (SOC)-as-a-service company, has expanded its Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service to support Managed Containment capabilities. The result: Customers gain improved resilience through host isolation when indicators of compromise on those systems are detected, Arctic Wolf asserts.
B. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- CPX 360: Check Point 2020 Conference (January 27-29, New Orleans)
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.