Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Executive Leadership - Microsoft Security: Microsoft has hired a new chief product officer for some of its security and management products as security chief Charlie Bell begins revamping the company’s cybersecurity product divisions, Bloomberg reported. Jason Roszak will serve as chief product officer in Microsoft’s Enterprise Management Experience business, which oversees products like the mobile device management program Intune and System Center, the report said.
2. Palo Alto Networks Quarterly Financial Results: Palo Alto Networks' revenue was $1.4 billion for Q3 of 2022, up 29% compared to $1.1 billion in Q3 of 2021. Also, GAAP net loss was $73.2 million in Q3 of 2022, compared to a GAAP net loss of $145.1 million in Q3 of 2021. The figures generally beat Wall Street's expectations.
3. Talent: Blumira, a cybersecurity provider of automated threat detection and response technology, has hired Brian Penney as VP of sales.
5. Executive Leadership - Security Operations: ReliaQuest has named:
- Mike McPherson as senior vice president of security operations to lead ReliaQuest’s global security operations team. McPherson reports to Brian Murphy, founder and CEO.
- Regina Marrow as chief information officer responsible for ReliaQuest’s global internal systems, digital transformation, infrastructure and technology initiatives. Marrow reports to Greg Farrell, CFO.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- ForgeRock IDLive 2022 (May 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco, California)
- Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit 2022 (June 7-9, Maryland)
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar