Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. What's Next for MSSPs Running VMWare Carbon Black?: New question marks emerge amid Broadcom buyout of VMware.
2. Supply Chain Software Security: A new research report -- titled Third-Party Digital Supply Chain Risk: Exposing the Shadow Code on Your Web Properties, pinpoints the security, privacy, and compliance risks that are "literally designed into the digital supply chains of major business websites," according to Source Defense.
4. MSP Software - Patch management: Syncro -- a cloud-based PSA and RMM software provider -- has improved its OS Patch Management functionality to include the ability to:
- Block patches by KB;
- block patches globally or at individual policy levels;
- customize based on Severity or Category of KB with expanded capabilities – Allow, Reject, and now Defer; and
- take expanded look at information on Asset records.
5. Partner Program - Endpoint Monitoring: Tanium has launched a Technology Partner Program. As part of the program, partners can leverage Tanium’s API -- which "provides access to real-time endpoint data spanning organizations’ entire IT infrastructure," in addition to Tanium products, documentation, support, technical validation, and co-marketing opportunities, the company said.
6. Funding - Data Security: ShardSecure has raised $11 million in Series A funding led by Grotech Ventures, with participation from Gula Tech Adventures and KPMG LLP, as well as existing investors Tom Noonan, EPIC Ventures, and Industrifonden.
7. Talent: MorganFranklin Consulting has hired Michael Orozco as managing director and advisory services leader in its cybersecurity practice.
8. Brexit Leak Site: A new website that published leaked emails from several leading proponents of Britain's exit from the European Union is tied to Russian hackers, according to a Google cybersecurity official and the former head of UK foreign intelligence, Reuters reported.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco, California)
- Open XDR Summit 2022 (June 7-8, San Francisco, California)
- Gartner Security and Risk Management Summit 2022 (June 7-9, Maryland)
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- New: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar