Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. M&A - MSSP Acquired: Global IT consulting firm Accenture is acquiring Openminded, an MSSP and cybersecurity services consulting company.
3. MSSP and Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA): Trustwave, a Top 250 MSSP, has joined the Microsoft Intelligent Security Association (MISA), an ecosystem of independent software vendors and managed security service providers that have integrated their solutions.
4. MSP Security Dashboard: OpenText has unveiled a new Webroot Business Management Console for MSPs and SMB customers. The console provides a unified point of management across the Webroot business security portfolio including Webroot Business Endpoint Protection, Webroot DNS Protection and Webroot Security Awareness Training. We'll share more detials soon.
5. Ransomware Task Force (RTF) Recommendations: A new RTF report includes 48 recommendations that together form a comprehensive framework to address ransomware. Among those, these priority recommendations are the most foundational and urgent, and many of the other recommendations were developed to facilitate or strengthen these core actions, the RTF says.
6. Data Protection - Cloud Container Software: Kasten by Veeam has announced Kasten K10 v4.0, which delivers "Kubernetes-native ransomware protection capabilities, providing much needed immutability against ransomware attacks," the company claims.
7. Partnership - Container Security: NeuVector's Kubernetes-native, end-to-end container security solution is now available to IBM Cloud customers through the IBM Cloud catalog. NeuVector also announced platform integration with IBM Security QRadar, IBM’s security information and event management solution.
8. Funding: Sysdig has raised $188 million Series F funding round at a valuation of $1.19 billion. The financing was led by Premji Invest & Associates and Third Point Ventures, with participation from Accel, Bain Capital Ventures, DFJ Growth, Glynn Capital, Goldman Sachs, Insight Partners, and Next47. The Sysdig Secure DevOps Platform addresses the challenges of securing containers, Kubernetes, and public cloud infrastructure, the company says.
9. Medical Data Leak: The Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) has announced a mistaken exposure of laboratory test result data involving the health information of thousands of Wyoming residents and others, as well as describing its plan to respond, according to SweetWaterNow.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar