Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
2. Office 365 Managed Threat Detection Service: Perch Security unveiled such a service for MSPs and MSSPs this morning.
3. Threat Intelligence: Kaspersky is now offering business users of EclecticIQ Platform access to its Threat Intelligence. Kaspersky Threat Data Feeds, APT Intelligence Reports and Threat Lookup service will help EclecticIQ customers to understand, prevent and react to the latest cyberthreats, the company says.
4. Snake Ransomware - Evolving Threat?: An Israeli cybersecurity firm said it believes a new strain of ransomware was created by Iran and has the ability to lock up or even delete industrial control systems, Bloomberg reports. Tel Aviv-based Otorio, a cybersecurity firm which specializes in industrial control systems (ICS), said that the ransomware called “Snake,” like others of its kind, encrypts programs and documents on infected machines. But it also removes all file copies from infected stations, preventing the victims from recovering encrypted files, the report says.
5. Ransomware Attacks Oregon County: One week after an Oregon county was hit by a cyberattack, the county computers remain unplugged while a cybersecurity firm tries to negotiate with criminals who deployed the ransomware, AP reports.
6. Privacy Concerns, Layoffs: British cybersecurity company Avast will close the Jumpshot analytics business at the center of a data privacy scandal, putting hundreds of jobs at risk and deepening a slide in its shares, Reuters reports.
7. Dark Web - Customer Data for Sale: Credit and debit card information from customers of the food and gasoline chain Wawa Inc. is being sold online, according to the fraud intelligence company Gemini Advisory, Bloomberg reports.
B. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- SANS 2020 Cybersecurity Training Conference (April 3-10, Orlando, Florida)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2020 (May 13-14, Chicago).
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar