Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
2. CrowdStrike Concerns: Is CrowdStrike's weaker-than-expected revenue forecast cause for concern? Hmmm...
3. Partnership - Cloud Security and MSSPs: Devo Technology and AWS have entered a multi-year strategic collaboration to "rapidly innovate within the emerging field of applied AI/ML and security log analytics and to deliver solutions aligned with AWS security services." The global collaboration emphasizes such areas as the Asia Pacific region, public sector and MSSP relationships.
4. Partner Program - Managed Security Awareness Training: Right-Hand Cybersecurity has launched a Managed Security Awareness Training (MSAT) partner program for MSPs and MSSPs.
5. Partnership - Cloud-Native Data Protection: BigID and Wiz expanded their partnership across Cloud-Native Application Protection (CNAPP) and Data Security Posture Management (DSPM) to reduce cloud risk and accelerate cloud security strategies, the companies said.
6. E-mail Security Platform: Trustifi has upgraded its Inbound Shield, Data Loss Prevention and Email Encryption product portfolio. Many of the enhancements include multi-tenant improvements for MSSPs.
7. Global Backup Services: CyberFortress now provides 24x7 live support for all backup and recovery products and services, the company said.
8. Cloud Observability and Security: Logz.io has introduced its Open 360 for cloud applications monitoring and troubleshooting.
9. Cyber Insurance Premiums: Global cyber insurance premiums are expected to reach $23 billion by 2025, up from an estimated $10 billion in 2021, according to Swiss Re Institute.
B. Annual In-Person MSSP and Cybersecurity Conferences
- The Official Cyber Security Summit Series (Multiple dates and locations)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite 22 Cybersecurity Conference (December 12-15, Las Vegas)
- Right of Boom 2023 (February 22-24, Grapevine, Texas)
- Women in Cybersecurity (WiCyS) 2023 (March 16-18, Denver, Colorado)
- RSA Conference 2023 (April 24-27, San Francisco)