With the Verizon Risk Report (VRR), organizations now can quantify their current exposure to cyber risks and understand the probability of a potential future breach, according to a prepared statement.
VRR provides an automated security risk scoring framework to help organizations identify security gaps, risks and weaknesses on a daily basis, Verizon stated. It offers both quantitative and qualitative assessments of preventative measures, Verizon noted, and a framework for sustainable and measurable security improvements.
VRR Service Modules
Three VRR service modules are available that integrate threat data sources via a consolidated customer security portal. These are:
- Level 1: Uses the BitSight security rating service and deep and dark web information from cyber threat intelligence firm Recorded Future for external security assessments. This information is consolidated with security insights from the Verizon Data Breach Investigation Report (DBIR).
- Level 2: Leverages data obtained at level 1 and Cylance and Tanium endpoint protection software agents to provide an internal analysis of an organization's in-house systems.
- Level 3: Combines data obtained at levels 1 and 2 and qualitative assessments of an organization's security policies, processes and activities to analyze an organization's security posture.
In addition, VRR provides recommendations based on a risk report's results, Verizon indicated. This enables organizations to address vulnerabilities, prepare for potential threats and improve their risk management position.
VRR is currently in customer beta trials and will be available globally this spring. Verizon also will showcase VRR and other intelligent security solutions at next month's RSA Conference in San Francisco.
Verizon Partner Program
Meanwhile, the company has also bolstered its aptly named Verizon Partner Program (VPP) now includes a master agent model and provides extended support to sub-agents representing Verizon in the United States, according to a prepared statement.
Also, Verizon has launched an expanded global resale model to empower VPP partners with greater flexibility to sell the company's solutions.
VPP updates will begin next week and continue throughout 2018.
What Is VPP?
VPP enables agents and resellers to offer Verizon solutions to customers. Verizon solutions available via VPP include:
- Advanced communications.
- Cloud, IT and applications.
- Internet of Things (IoT).
VPP is currently available within the United States. Also, there are no fees to sign up for the program.