10 Most Read MSSP Alert News Stories: Week Ended 02 September 2022
This week’s most read managed security services provider (MSSP) news stories involved:
10. Join Us At MSSP Alert Live 2022: Here’s what MSP and MSSP attendees will learn during our cybersecurity conference, which is scheduled for September 19-21 in Washington, D.C.
9. VMware Carbon Black Gains Network Detection Security Capabilities: VMware & Carbon Black security updates span endpoint, network, API, application & multi-cloud solutions. MSSPs watch Broadcom-VMware M&A deal closely.
8. Russia-Ukraine War – Cyberattack Updates: Russia’s invasion of Ukraine features alleged cyberattacks. Follow this Russia-Ukraine conflict timeline for cyber & kinetic warfare updates, and guidance for MSSPs worldwide.
7. Lazarus Ransomware Group Returns: Ransomware attacks increased by 47% in July 2022, with industrial enterprises the hardest hit segment and Lockbit 3.0 being the most active attacker, NCC Group says in its monthly Threat Pulse report.
6. Menlo Security Hires Channel Leaders for MSSP Partner Push: As members of Menlo Security’s executive team, John Wrobel and Todd Wilson will lead market growth and MSSP partner programs.
5. Arctic Wolf Pursuing Convertible Debt Ahead of Potential Cybersecurity IPO?: Security operations platform provider Arctic Wolf seeks $300M convertible debt deal while waiting for more favorable IPO market conditions, report indicates.
4. CrowdStrike’s MSSP Security Business Grows 150% YoY: CrowdStrike and rival SentinelOne rank among the top 10 cybersecurity software vendors empowering MSSPs, according to MSSP Alert research.
3. Ransomware Attack Knocks Out Distributor: Baker & Taylor, a venerable distributor of books, video and music products to libraries, institutions and retailers, has been hit by a ransomware attack that disabled its critical systems and applications.
2. Top 250 MSSPs of 2021: Here’s a look at last year’s list.
1. Top 40 MDR Service Providers: Our annual look at leaders from the world of managed detection and response (MDR) services.