AlienVault Open Threat Exchange: 100K Participants, 36% YoY Growth
The company also has posted 36 percent year-over-year OTX participant growth, according to a prepared statement.
OTX encourages global security professionals to discuss, research, validate and share cyber threat data, trends and techniques, AlienVault said. By doing so, OTX helps organizations minimize the risk of data breaches.
Key features of OTX include:
- Endpoint Security: Offers a free threat scanning service to help OTX participants identify malware and other endpoint threats.
- Pulses: Provide threat summaries and indicators of compromise (IOC).
- Research: Enables security professionals, threat researchers and cybersecurity vendors to interact with one another to create and consume threat data.
OTX participants from more than 140 countries contribute 19 million pieces of threat data every day, according to AlienVault. Participants also can access threat data from a variety of AlienVault partners, including the Cyber Threat Alliance (CTA), Intel and Microsoft.
How Does AlienVault Support MSSPs?
More than 500 MSSPs leverage AlienVault Unified Security Management (USM) Anywhere, a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform that provides threat detection, incident response and compliance management across cloud, on-premises and hybrid environments. They can use USM Anywhere to deliver a variety of managed security services, including:
- Cloud security monitoring.
- Compliance management.
- Log management, monitoring and archiving.
- Managed detection and response (MDR).
- Managed security information and event management (SIEM) or SIEM-as-a-service (SIEMaaS).
- Vulnerability assessment and remediation.
In addition, AlienVault offers a partner program that enables MSSPs to add MDR, threat and malware detection, compliance management and other security services to their portfolios. This program also provides MSSPs with ongoing threat intelligence from AlienVault Labs, which analyzes, validates and curates global threat data collected by OTX participants.
How Did AlienVault Perform in 2017?
AlienVault recorded 50 percent year-over-year revenue growth in 2017, the company indicated. Furthermore, AlienVault added more than 200 MSSP partners during the time frame.
Going forward, AlienVault is focused on “automation, orchestration and simplicity for partners and customers,” President of AT&T Cybersecurity Solutions Barmak Meftah told MSSP Alert. AlienVault wants to maintain the autonomy of its teams, Meftah said, and ensure that they keep growing the business and its partner opportunities.