Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 24 December 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. MSSP and MSP Cybersecurity Conference: ChannelE2E and MSSP Alert are confirmed to attend PerchyCon 2020, hosted by Perch Security, in January 2020.
2. M&A Rumor – Dell and Secureworks: Instead of selling off majority ownership of the Secureworks business, Dell Technologies is seeking to acquire the entire MSSP, reports suggest. Secureworks is a Top 200 MSSP that’s pushing hard into SaaS-focused cybersecurity software.
3. M&A – Risk Mitigation: Mastercard is acquiring RiskRecon, a provider of artificial intelligence (AI), data analytics, cybersecurity and risk mitigation solutions to MSSPs and channel partners.
4. FBI Ransomware Warning: The FBI has issued an alert involving LockerGoga and MegaCortex ransomware threats, BleepingComputer notes.
5. Facebook Data Leak: Information on 267 million Facebook users, including user names, phone numbers and Facebook IDs, was exposed online, Bloomberg reports.
B. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- CPX 360: Check Point 2020 Conference (January 27-29, New Orleans)
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.