Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 08 June 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. RSA Conference 2022 News: See RSAC live blog here.
2. ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 News: See ChannelE2E’s live blog here.
3. National MSSP Launches: New Charter Technologies has launched a national MSSP called Cyber74. The effort involved merging two regional MSSPs — Digital Umbrella and MachBlue Defense. Private equity firm Oval Partners is backing the effort.
4. Microsoft Honors Three MSSPs: The 2022 Microsoft Security Excellence Awards included honors for three MSSPs — namely, Open Systems, BlueVoyant. and Transparity.
5. MDR and Risk Management: BlueVoyant has launched BlueVoyant Elements, a platform that converges managed detection and response, third-party cyber risk management, digital risk protection, and expert professional services, the company said.
6. Integration – MDR Services: Critical Start MDR services for Trend Micro Vision One are now available.
7. China Targets Network Service Providers: Details from the CISA are here.
8. Vulnerability Management: Qualys has unveiled Qualys Vulnerability Management, Detection and Response (VMDR) 2.0, a new cloud-based solution that gives “unprecedented insights into an organization’s unique risk posture along with the ability to use drag and drop workflows to orchestrate responses,” the company asserted.
9. Vulnerability Mapping: SentinelOne has announced Singularity Vulnerability Mapping, which delivers “vulnerability assessment, prioritization and remediation at machine speed,” the company asserted.
10. Funding – Vendor Security Intelligence: Whistic, which develops a network to assess, publish and share vendor security information, has raised $35 million in Series B Funding led by JMI Equity.
11. Partnership – Email Security: Mailprotector has joined Gradient MSP’s Synthesize vendor integration program. This integration “automates the billing reconciliation process for MSPs, making it easier than ever to make sure you’re getting paid for the services that you’re getting charged for—and it’s working,” the companies said.
12. Partnership – Google Cloud and Risk Management: Google Cloud customers can leverage CyberGRX third-party validated cyber risk assessment to “gain in-depth access to Google Cloud’s risk profile, which details compliance with industry standards and security protocols built into its infrastructure,” the companies said.
13. Partnership – Cloud Financial Services: Atos and IBM have expanded their partnership around IBM Cloud for Financial Services. The goal is to help financial services companies reach “optimum data and systems security with “EU trusted third party cybersecurity monitoring” supplied by Atos,” the companies said.
14. CrowdStrike Partnerships: CrowdStrike expanded the CrowdXDR Alliance to include such partners as Menlo Security, Ping Identity and Vectra AI. CrowdStrike also introduced new capabilities for the Falcon XDR module to “speed up detections for security teams, including an integration with ServiceNow.”
15. Cybersecurity and Compliance Gap: Roughly 40% of organizations have suspended or postponed IT security projects to address compliance issues, a Sumo Logic survey revealed.
16. Threat Intelligence: Redacted has released TIDE — a Threat Intelligent Detection Engine — to the public for testing and community-driven extensibility, the company said.
17. Security Automation: Swimlane has released Swimlane Turbine, a “low-code automation platform unifies visibility and action at the point of threat inception while centralizing human and machine data into a system of record,” the company said.
18. Data Security: Snowflake has launched a Cybersecurity workload that “enables cybersecurity teams to better protect their enterprises with the Data Cloud,” the company said.
19. Government Security Contract: Booz Allen Hamilton has earned a NASA Cybersecurity and Privacy Enterprise Solutions and Services (CyPrESS) contract—a hybrid indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity (IDIQ) single award contract with a total potential value of $622.5 million, the company said.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Identiverse 2022 (June 21-24, Denver, Colorado)
- CyberArk Impact 2022 (July 12-14, Boston, Massachusetts)
- AWS re:Inforce (July 26-27, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar