Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 08 September 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
- Managing Editor [email protected]; and
- Executive VP and Editorial Director [email protected].
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. MSP Software – Microsoft 365 Security: Venture capital and private equity firm Insight Partners has invested $22 million in SaaS Alerts, a cybersecurity company that promotes cloud application security software to MSPs.
2. MSP Software – Email Security: N-able Mail Assure now features Private Portal, an extra layer of email security to help protect critical business data, the MSP software provider said.
3. MSP Data Protection – Partner Program: Redstor, a cloud-first backup platform for MSPs, has unveiled a new All Access Partner Program. It offers MSPs co-branded online marketplaces to “simplify and accelerate the sales process, including sales, marketing and technical support, attractive NFR and discount pricing, and a new Partner Advisory Board for exchanging insights with peers,” the company said.
4. Partnership – Behavioral Intelligence: DTEX Systems and GuidePoint Security have partnered to ensure customers gain “real-time contextual behavioral intelligence needed to answer the Who, What, When, Where, Why and How related to any potential insider threat situation, compromised account event, or data loss scenario without invading an employee’s personal privacy,” the companies said.
5. Partnership – Ransomware Mitigation: HYCU and Wasabi have announced a data protection partnership to combat the rise of ransomware attacks.
6. Cybersecurity Talent Gap: Updates include…
- Women in Cybersecurity: Women still only make up a quarter of the workforce in cybersecurity, compared to 39% participation in the general workforce. At the same time, the global cybersecurity workforce would need to grow by 80% to meet current demand, according to a joint study by Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and The Global Cybersecurity Forum (GCF). The report is titled “Empowering Women to Work in Cybersecurity Is a Win-Win.”
- EC-Council, a global cybersecurity certification body, has released its flagship Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) version 12 program, and plans to train up 100,000 new ethical hackers worldwide within five years to address the severe shortage of Certified Ethical Hackers across the globe.
7. Cyber Insurance Market Forecast: The Global Cybersecurity Insurance Market size is expected to reach $32.6 billion by 2028, rising at a market growth of 18.8% CAGR during the forecast period, Research and Markets reported.
8. Linux Malware Called Shikitega Emerges: Details from AT&T are here.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Fal.Con 2022: CrowdStrike Cybersecurity Conference (September 19-21, Las Vegas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- SentinelOne LABScon Security Research Conference 2022 (September 21-24, Phoenix, Arizona)
- InfoSec World 2022 (September 26-28, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar