Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 10 January 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe.Panettieri@CyberRiskAlliance.com.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Partnership – SaaS Application Security & Alert Response: SaaS Alerts and Solutions Granted have partnered to deliver “enhanced monitoring and remediation of SaaS applications” to MSPs. The solution is designed for MSPs that want automated alerting and reporting from SaaS Alerts, coupled with a U.S.-based SOC as a Service to respond to alerts.
2. Integration – MSP Compliance Software: ControlCase, a provider of IT Security Certifications and Continuous Compliance Services, now integrates with ConnectWise Manage. The result: MSPs, MSSPs and VARs have “access streamlined solutions for cybersecurity certification, compliance, and assessment using the ControlCase Compliance Hub.
5. Partnership – U.S. Government & Universities: U.S. Cyber Command will partner with 84 universities across 34 states this year as part of a program to build up the nation’s cybersecurity workforce and familiarize students with military cyber programs, SC Media reported.
6. Ransomware Attack: The ransomware group Ragnar_Locker spread claims of a successful hack of telecom analytics firm Subex and its cybersecurity subsidiary, Sectrio, a CBS news affiliate reported.