Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 10 January 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Partnership – SaaS Application Security & Alert Response: SaaS Alerts and Solutions Granted have partnered to deliver “enhanced monitoring and remediation of SaaS applications” to MSPs. The solution is designed for MSPs that want automated alerting and reporting from SaaS Alerts, coupled with a U.S.-based SOC as a Service to respond to alerts.
2. Integration – MSP Compliance Software: ControlCase, a provider of IT Security Certifications and Continuous Compliance Services, now integrates with ConnectWise Manage. The result: MSPs, MSSPs and VARs have “access streamlined solutions for cybersecurity certification, compliance, and assessment using the ControlCase Compliance Hub.
3. Partnership – India Managed Security Services: KPMG India will leverage Qualys managed detection and response (MDR), cloud and container security solutions, the two companies indicated.
4. Partnership – Cloud SIEM: TSAChoice, an MSP, has joined the ArmorPoint partner program for managed cybersecurity solutions. TSAChoice gains access to ArmorPoint’s cloud-hosted SIEM technology.
5. Partnership – U.S. Government & Universities: U.S. Cyber Command will partner with 84 universities across 34 states this year as part of a program to build up the nation’s cybersecurity workforce and familiarize students with military cyber programs, SC Media reported.
6. Ransomware Attack: The ransomware group Ragnar_Locker spread claims of a successful hack of telecom analytics firm Subex and its cybersecurity subsidiary, Sectrio, a CBS news affiliate reported.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Right of Boom (February 9-11, Tampa, Florida)
- Zero Trust World 2022 (February 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- GISEC 2022 (February 21-23, Saudi Arabia)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- ItaliaSec 2022 (May 24-25, Milan, Italy)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar