Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 14 September 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Equinix Ransomware Attack Update: Netwalker hackers apparently are demanding a $4.5 million ransomware payment from Equinix ($EQIX), the massive data center and managed services provider.
2. Secureworks Partner Momentum: Secureworks ($SCWX) continues to gain momentum as an MSSP and MDR (managed detection and response) cybersecurity provider that works closely with channel partners, CEO Mike Cote asserts.
3. Talent – Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM): OpsCompass has hired Gray Knowlton as vice president of product engineering. Knowlton will have responsibility for leading product engineering, scaling technical operations, and leveraging emerging technologies to drive growth.
4. SMB Security Challenges: Small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) are strapped for cybersecurity resources from the strain of the COVID-19 pandemic, an Untangle report says.
5. Integration – IT Monitoring: Paessler and Flowmon Networks have integrated their solutions to bring together IT monitoring capabilities with AI-powered analysis and security features. For IT specialists using Flowmon together with PRTG, the new integration offers:
- IT monitoring combined with flow analysis to deliver transparency;
- detection of unusual behavior, insider threats and DDoS attacks, monitor firewalls, virus scanners, and backups; and
- monitoring Flowmon with PRTG assures availability based on PRTG’s included failover, the companies say.
B. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conferences
- BlackBerry Security Summit 2020 (October 5-7, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2020 (October 14-15, Virtual Conference)
- CrowdStrike Fal.con 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (October 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 17-19, Virtual Conference)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar