Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 17 January 2020
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Encryption – U.S. Regulators vs Silicon Valley: Attorney General William Barr has intensified a long-running fight between law enforcement and technology companies over encrypted communications, potentially setting up a showdown with Silicon Valley, The Wall Street Journal reports. Ironically, some agents at the FBI worry Barr’s forceful approach could sour valuable relationships they have fostered with technology companies, the report says.
2. Paradise Ransomware Decryption Tool: Bitdefender has unveiled a new decryption tool to help partners and customers recover from Paradise ransomware attacks.
3. Phishing Tax Scam: AppRiver offered this warning and recommendations.
4. Privileged Access Management (PAM): CyberArk has extended its PAM solution to Linux. Specifically, CyberArk capabilities feature short-lived SSH certificate authentication to secure access to existing or newly created instances in Linux systems without the need to manually manage accounts and credentials, the company says.
B. MSSP Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Predictive Threat Intelligence: NTT will leverage AttackIQ for predictive threat intelligence capabilities.
2. Application Security: ProtectedIT, an enterprise-focused MSP, has agreed to offer Virsec cybersecurity solutions for runtime application memory protection.
3. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- CPX 360: Check Point 2020 Conference (January 27-29, New Orleans)
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar