Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) Market News: 18 August 2022
Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to:
Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Survey Deadline – Top 250 MSSPs: Our Top 250 MSSPs survey for 2022 closes this Friday, August 19. The survey is open to MSSPs, security-driven MSPs, MDR service providers and IT consulting firms that offer managed security services. The worldwide survey, conducted annually, allows us to identity and honor the world’s Top 250 MSSPs
2. CyberArk Partner Program: CyberArk transactions with MSPs grew 25% in 2021, the company disclosed.
3. Google Cloud: Google has announced curated detections in the Chronicle SecOps suite. Chronicle is used by MDR providers, but Google Cloud is not handling the disposition of alerts and response, instead is surfacing the alerts (detections) for action by the customer using Google Cloud intelligence, the company told MSSP Alert.
4. AWS Cloud Security Posture Management: The Aqua Trivy platform has gained cloud security posture management capabilities for AWS. Additional platform support is planned.
5. Ransomware Defenses: The global ransomware protection market size is expected to reach $46.7 billion by 2028, rising at a 16.6% compound annual growth rate (CAGR), according to KBV Research. The report essentially rolls together multiple cybersecurity markets — including endpoint, network, database, web and email protection.
6. BlackByte Ransomware Group Resurfaces: The BlackByte ransomware is back with version 2.0 of their operation, including a new data leak site utilizing new extortion techniques borrowed from LockBit, BleepingComputer reported.
7. Channel Chiefs – Zero Trust Security: Skyhigh Security has named Scott Goree as vice president of worldwide channels and Jeff Tripp as senior director of America’s channels. Goree reports to Paul Barbosa, chief revenue officer, and leads the global team responsible for Skyhigh Security’s ecosystem of distributors, VARs, MSPs and alliances, the company said.
8. Government Cybersecurity – Breach Attack Simulation: AttackIQ has been granted a three-year Assess Only Authority to Operate (ATO) by the U.S. Army. AttackIQ did not mention specific deployment contracts tied to the announcement.
9. Google Android Malware: Dozens of malicious apps remain available in the Google Play Store, according to BitDefender research.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit 2022 (August 22-24, Las Vegas)
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Fal.Con 2022: CrowdStrike Cybersecurity Conference (September 19-21, Las Vegas)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar