Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 19 May 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. Today’s MSSP and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Funding – Zero Trust Endpoint Security: ThreatLocker has raised $20 million in Series B funding, bringing the company’s total funding to $24.5 million. Elephant led the round.
2. Talent – Endpoint Security: SentinelOne has hired Dell veteran Daniel Donovan as vice president, Americas sales. SentinelOne’s endpoint security software has growing momentum with MSPs. Key partners include N-able, the MSP software business unit that’s set to spin off from SolarWinds before July 2021.
3. Cybersecurity Asset Management: Qualys has unveiled CyberSecurity Asset Management (CSAM), which can take inventory of the complete IT ecosystem, detect security gaps and respond to the risk, all from a unified platform, the company says.
4. Multi-factor Authentication: LogMeIn has introduced a new LastPass Authenticator mobile app; new integrations with VPN providers Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, and OpenVPN; and a new MFA admin experience, the company says.
5. Zero Trust: Palo Alto Networks has introduced “five key innovations that make it easier for customers to adopt Zero Trust across their network security stack,” the company says. The new capabilities involve SaaS Security, Advanced URL Filtering, DNS Security, Cloud Identity Engine, and new ML-Powered Firewalls.
6. Threat Hunting: ReversingLabs has unveiled a unified threat analysis engine and console called the ReversingLabs Malware Lab solution. The solution allows SOC analysts to “rapidly detect, classify, analyze, and respond to malicious files and associated Indicators of Compromise (IOCs),” the company says.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Distribution: Cyber Fusion has agreed to distribute XM Cyber in the U.K. market.
3. Partnership – MDR and Endpoint Security: ActZero, a cybersecurity startup that offers MDR to small businesses, has inked a partnership with CrowdStrike. The new capabilities and partnership will “allow small and mid-size businesses to better detect and prevent cyber attacks,” ActZero asserts.
5. Strategic Alliances – Intelligent Orchestration: Synopsys has expanded its Technology Alliance Partner (TAP) program, which supports more than 40 DevOps ecosystem vendors. Key partner integrations showcased at the virtual RSA conference include CloudBees and GitHub Actions.
6. Strategic Alliance – Cyberattack Simulations: Deloitte’s clients can now leverage SafeBreach’s automated Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS) capabilities via its platform.
7. SOAR Partner Momentum – Europe: Siemplify, which develops a security orchestration, automation and response (SOAR) software platform, has grown its U.K. customer base 75 percent, and doubled its reseller and MSSP base in the region over the past 12 months. Moreover, Siemplify’s EMEA team now spans 20 employees, roughly half of whom are based in the U.K., the company says. Siemplify did not disclose actual revenue or income figures for the U.K. or EMEA.
C. MSSP and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, Virtual Conference)
- VMware Carbon Black Connect 2021 (June 3, Virtual Conference)
- Proofpoint Protect 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Sumo Logic Modern SOC Summit 2021 (June 8-9, Virtual Conference)
- Zscaler Zenith Live 2021 (June 15-16, Virtual Conference)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2021 (June 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar