Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 30 November 2021
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. AWS Security News: Track all AWS re:Invent 2021 cybersecurity news here.
3. MSPs – Sales Automation Software and Security Assessments: The Zomentum Sales Acceleration Platform now support a U.S.-oriented security assessment tool from the Center for Internet Security Inc. (CIS). Support for a U.K.-oriented security assessment tool also is planned. The integrations will allow channel partners and MSPs to more easily propose security-oriented solutions to end-customers.
4. MSP Software – Image Backup & Security: NinjaOne has introduced new image backup capabilities to Ninja Data Protection, the company’s natively developed backup and disaster recovery (BDR) solution. Also, NinjaOne has introduced Ninja Protect, a new bundled security product with BitDefender, according to a blog. The goal: Position NinjaOne as a “single source for endpoint monitoring, management, and security,” while also driving down ransomware risks, the company indicated.
5. Data Streaming & Open XDR Milestones: Stellar Cyber has added a new “Data Streaming” Application to its platform. This App “slashes the cost of using an existing SIEM by reducing and optimizing the data fed to it, and ensuring that only high-fidelity, actionable events reach the SIEM instead of oceans of data,” Stellar Cyber asserted. The new capability surfaces as Stellar Cyber’s Open XDR celebrates its second anniversary in the market. The platform is bow supported by more than 100 reseller partners and distributors worldwide.
6. SOC Management: The new ThreatConnect 6.4 release allows security operations and cyber threat intelligence (CTI) analysts to “get useful context faster during investigations and to better measure team efficiencies,” the company asserted.
9. Panasonic Breach: Details are here.