This week’s most read managed security services provider (MSSP) news stories involved:
10. Alleged Lapsus$ Cyberattack Victim List: T-Mobile joins Globant, Microsoft, Nvidia, Okta and Samsung on the list of apparently Lapsus$ cyberattack victims.
9. Sophos Acquires SOC.OS: The deal may help MSSP and MSP partners to further automate MDR- and XDR-related processes.
8. Microsoft Azure Vulnerability: Everything MSSPs need to know about the ExtraReplica vulnerability, discovered by Wiz.
7. Tenable Acquires Bit Discovery: The deal involves external attack surface management (EASM) software.
6. Cyberattacks Vs. Financial Institutions: Six in 10 financial institutions worldwide have been hit with these types of cyberattacks, according to VMware.
5. Top 40 MDR Security Companies: Here’s a look at the overall managed detection and response (MDR) security market, and the associated MSSP partner strategies.
4. Russia Cyberattacks vs. Ukraine - The Timeline: A day-by-day look at Russia's kinetic and cyber war vs. Ukraine.
3. Top 250 MSSPs: Our annual look at the world’s top managed security services providers.
2. NTT Security Sells WhiteHat: The new owner has application security expertise as well.
1. WatchGuard: New Majority Owner, Same MSP Partner Focus: Vector Capital, a private equity firm that believes in MSP go-to-market models, will now control the security company.