As an Avast master reseller, Barracuda now provides the following Avast Business cybersecurity solutions to managed service providers (MSPs) and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs):
- Antivirus Security: Serves as a cloud-based solution that protects SMB device networks from cyber threats.
- CloudCare: Provides a software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform that enables MSPs to deliver endpoint and network security services to various SMB devices and sites.
- Management Console: Offers a security console that allows MSPs to deploy and manage antivirus software on SMB devices.
Avast Business solutions help protect SMBs against cyberattacks and data loss. They are used on over 400 million devices and block over 50 million threats daily.
What Does the Barracuda-Avast Partnership Mean for Both Companies?
The Barracuda-Avast pact could help both companies foster new cybersecurity partnerships with MSPs.
Barracuda has been developing an MSP-centric partner strategy over the past few years. The company in 2015 acquired Intronis, an MSP-centric backup and disaster recovery (BDR) solutions provider, and has accelerated its MSP revenue growth since that time.
Avast enables MSPs, value-added resellers (VARs) and other channel partners to use its security solutions to protect their customers against viruses, malware and cyber threats. It also allows channel partners to deliver Avast Business solutions as pay-as-you-go services.
Barracuda Acquires Avast Managed Workplace
The Barracuda-Avast partnership announcement comes after Barracuda also acquired Managed Workplace, Avast's MSP software platform. Barracuda plans to continue developing Managed Workplace and offer it to MSPs as a security-centric remote monitoring and management (RMM) solution.
Managed Workplace combines endpoint protection, network management and RMM capabilities, and the platform's features include:
- Patch management.
- Real-time monitoring and alerting.
- Remote IT support.
- Security assessments.
- Third-party integrations.
Managed Workplace also includes BDR, managed antivirus and network operations center (NOC) and help desk services. By doing so, Managed Workplace helps MSPs deliver remote security and support services to their customers, Avast stated.