Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Leadership Move: CrowdStrike announced that two key executives have joined its leadership team to continue driving momentum across the company’s channel and small business segments. Daniel Bernard has been appointed as chief business officer and Raj Rajamani has been named chief product officer of DICE (Data, Identity, Cloud and Endpoint). (Source: Seeking Alpha)
2. Industry Award: GrammaTech, a provider of application security testing products and software research services, and T.E.N., founder of the Information Security Executive of the Year Awards, announced that Jason Christman, vice president and chief product security officer for Johnson Controls, was selected 2022 Product Security Executive (PSE) of the Year. This annual competition recognizes individuals whose contributions have delivered advancements in security for embedded or commercial software products.
3. Token Smart Ring Earns Accolades: Token, a provider of ultra-secure, wearable biometric authentication solutions, announced that its cybercrime-fighting smart ring has earned a 2023 BIG Innovation Award from the Business Intelligence Group. Token’s smart ring provides passwordless, biometric, multifactor authentication to stop unauthorized access that results in data breaches and ransomware without compromising end-user convenience.
4. Ransomware Report Released: Datto, a provider of security and cloud-based software solutions for managed service providers (MSPs), has released its 2022 State of Ransomware report, which surveyed nearly 3,000 IT professionals in small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) across eight countries. The report shows that SMBs are aware of increasing cyber threats and are allocating resources and investing in areas such as network and cloud security.
5. ThreatLocker Expands in Ireland: ThreatLocker announced the opening of a new Dublin, Ireland headquarters and the creation of 120 jobs. The new headquarters marks the first step of a major European expansion plan for ThreatLocker as the EU prepares to introduce major new legislation, the Digital Operational Resilience Act (DORA), which will place additional cybersecurity requirements on financial services providers.
6. Cybersecurity Partnership: Cloud security specialist DysrupIT has formed a strategic alliance with managed security services provider (MSSP) SolCyber. DysrupIT can now offer its clients an affordable, comprehensive 24/7 managed security-as-a-service powered by SolCyber.
7. Cybersecurity Education: Career training to prepare people for jobs as cybersecurity support technicians is underway at Drexel University through a registered apprenticeship program. Drexel's cybersecurity career training is linked to CompTIA Apprenticeships for Tech, a national initiative to create tech-focused employment opportunities for people from diverse backgrounds.
8. Product Launch: Keeper Security, a provider of zero-trust and zero-knowledge cybersecurity software protecting passwords, secrets and connections, announced the latest update to its Keeper Connection Manager (KCM). KCM provides DevOps and IT teams with instant access to RDP, SSH, database and Kubernetes endpoints through a web browser, with no VPN required. KCM is now able to interact directly with Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL databases.