Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs and MSPs; threat hunters; security operations center as a service (SOCaaS), managed detection and response (MDR), and eXtended detection and response (XDR) providers — and those who partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically, one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Managing Editor Jim Masters: [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Client Win: Stellar Cyber announced that NTT DATA Global Solutions Corporation has adopted its Open XDR platform to detect and respond to cyberattacks. Pentio, a channel partner of Stellar Cyber, is providing NTT DATA GSL with Stellar Cyber for AI threat detection and investigation of cyber threats.
2. RSA Conference Exhibit: Syxsense will showcase new updates to its endpoint security and IT management platform, Syxsense Enterprise, at the RSA Conference in San Francisco, April 24-27. Attendees can swing by Booth #4339 to get a demo of new and existing features.
3. Cybersecurity Partnership: VirnetX Holding Corporation, an internet security software and technology company, and WeSecure Inc., a Canadian security solutions integrator, have inked a non-exclusive commercial agreement for WeSecure to sell VirnetX cybersecurity products in the U.S., Canada and the Middle East. The partnership aims to implement VirnetX's advanced security technologies into WeSecure's Physical and CyberSecure products and services.
4. Industry Recognition: Malwarebytes, announced that MRG Effitas, an independent IT research company, gave Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection (EP) the highest possible score (100%) for the sixth consecutive quarter in its antivirus efficacy assessment. As of the latest Q4 2022 test results, Malwarebytes is the only vendor to win every MRG Effitas certification and award, the company said.
5. Cybersecurity Partnership: Cytellix has been named an Endorsed Partner and Preferred Member of the Managed Service Providers Association of America (MSPAA). Under the partnership, Cytellix will offer its Cyber Watch Platform to member MSPs as a managed cybersecurity solution.
6. Product Launch: Stamus Networks, a network security specialist, announced the general availability of its latest software release, Update 39 (U39). The new release represents a significant enhancement to the company's flagship Stamus Security Platform (SSP), arming enterprise cybersecurity defenders with greater visibility while reducing the time it takes to respond to threats, the company said.
7. Cybersecurity Partnership: Hughes Network Systems announced that The Vitamin Shoppe will deploy HughesON Managed Network Services across its 700-plus U.S. retail outlets. The network-as-a-service solution provides The Vitamin Shoppe with a secure SD-WAN network that supports the company's vision for growth across retail, digital and franchise outlets.
8. Leadership Move: SPHERE, an identity hygiene and access governance specialist, has appointed Scott Gibson as chief operating officer. Gibson will be responsible for overseeing the company's operations, driving growth and ensuring customer success.
9. University Cybersecurity Program Feted: Hawaii's Kapiʻolani Community College was named a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense by the National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The CAE-CD designation is awarded to regionally accredited academic institutions that offer high-quality cybersecurity-related degrees and certificates.
10. MSSP-MSP Collaboration: Evo Security, an identity and access management specialist, is partnering with Solutions Granted, an MSSP that offers cybersecurity solutions to MSPs. The partnership will allow Solutions Granted to help MSPs improve their internal cybersecurity posture.