Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the lineup for Friday, April 13, 2018:
15. Facebook Privacy: European Union Justice Commissioner Vera Jourova had a “constructive and open discussion” with Facebook Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg about the Cambridge Analytica scandal on Thursday, according to Reuters. Pundits wonder if regulators worldwide will try to apply GDPR-like compliance regulations on Facebook.
14. Funding: Cybersecurity startup empow on has raised $10 million in Series B venture funding. The company develops a SIEM platform that leverages machine learning and artificial intelligence.
11. Partnership - SOC Platforms: Demisto has joined the JASK Answers Partner Network.The integration between the JASK ASOC platform and Demisto Enterprise will enable security operations center (SOC) teams to focus their attention on the issues that matter during the critical phases of threat hunting, response and remediation, the companies claim.
10. Talent: Attivo Networks, which develops deception solutions for cybersecurity defense, has hired Mark Howell as VP of UK and Ireland operations. Last year, Attivo Networks grew in revenue by more than 300 percent, the company says -- though we don't know exact revenue figures. Howell previously was the UK and Ireland Country Manager for BDNA (acquired by Flexera).
9. Chubb Cyber Risk Index: Chubb has put two decades worth of its own commercial cyber claims data into an online index that shows the cyber threats for organizations based on their size and industry, according to Insurance Journal.
8. SMB Cyber Insurance: Netshield Corp. and ZON Digital Insurance have partnered to bundle cyber insurance coverage with a suite of cybersecurity solutions for the small and medium enterprise (SME) segment in the U.S. The InsurTech partnership combines Netshield's breach prevention technologies with Cyber Insurance protection underwritten by Assurant's Voyager Insurance Company.
7. Deception Technology: As deception technology becomes more mature, it's likely that MSSPs will incorporate a deception offering into their packages, says Rik Turner, a principal analyst with the IT security and technology team at the consultancy Ovum.
6. WAN Edge Security: Cradlepoint, which specializes in cloud-delivered edge solutions for 4G LTE and 5G-enabled networks, is showcasing its Webroot partnership at RSA Conference. Indeed, Cradlepoint's NetCloud Unified Edge Security leverages Webroot Secure Web Filtering and cloud-based threat intelligence. These capabilities secure branch, mobile and IoT networks utilizing wired and wireless Internet broadband connections, Cradlepoint asserts.
5. Partner Program: Data loss detection and response (DDR) platform provider Allure Security has launched a partner program for VARs, systems integrators and MSSPs. We'll share more details soon.
4. Integration: Cybric's continuous application security platform now integrates with IBM Resilient, a platform for orchestrating and automating incident response processes, the companies say. The integration embeds vulnerability and application risk data from Cybric with IBM Resilient’s Incident Response Platform, helping security and development teams better understand the root cause of an incident while enabling faster remediation, the companies add.
3. Cloud Data Protection: Fully 90 percent of information security professionals classify more than half of their cloud data as sensitive, according to Oracle and KPMG. Furthermore, 97 percent have defined cloud-approval policies, however, the vast majority (82 percent) noted they are concerned about employees following these policies, the research says.
1. RSA Conference 2018 News: Our live blog featuring conference news and analysis has kicked off here and continues through April 20. Meeting Us: Sorry, our meeting schedule at the conference is fully booked. Send Us News: Got conference-related news to share? Please email me: [email protected].