Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Wednesday, February 20, 2019.
15. Talent - Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR): Digital Guardian has hired CA Technologies veteran Mordecai (“Mo”) Rosen as CEO. Rosen was most recently was GM for cybersecurity at CA Technologies (now a Broadcom company).
14. Talent - Cyber Services: IronNet Cybersecurity has hired Sean Foster as chief revenue officer. Earlier this month, the company named William "Bill" Welch as co-CEO. Keith B. Alexander, the former Director of the U.S. National Security Agency and Founding Commander of U.S. Cyber Command, will continue in his role as founder, co-CEO, and chairman of IronNet.
12. Cyber Threat Research Part Two: Faced with diminishing returns from ransomware and cryptojacking, cyber criminals are doubling down on alternative methods, such as formjacking, to make money according to Symantec’s Internet Security Threat Report (ISTR), Volume 24.
11. Kaspersky Lab - Financial Results: Kaspersky Lab increased its global cybersecurity revenue 4 percent in 2018 vs. 2017. The growth is particularly impressive considering the U.S. government barred Kaspersky's software from federal networks.
10. Kaspersky Lab -Free Cyber Tool: Kaspersky Lab has launched Kaspersky CyberTrace – a free threat intelligence fusion and analysis tool that makes consuming threat intelligence easier and more effective for security teams, the company claims.
9. SOC Momentum: SilverSun Technologies's new cybersecurity business, known as Critical Cyber Defense Corporation (CCDC), apparently has strong initial momentum. Launched in partnership with CyberHat, CCDC's services include SOC, incident response, cybersecurity assessments, and hacking simulations. The initial closed contracts represent contract values of approximately $500,000. The sales pipeline, which includes various deals that are in contract review, represents over $3 million in contract values. It all sounds promising, though SilverSun did not disclose the contract lengths or the predicted profit margins.
8. Funding - Cybersecurity Scorecards: NormShield, a provider of on-demand cyber risk scorecards for enterprises, has raised $3.5 million in seed funding.
7. Cyber Risk Management: Tenable has integrated its Tenable Industrial Security & Tenable.sc (formerly SecurityCenter). The result: Users can measure, manage and reduce cyber risk across information technology (IT) networks and operational technology (OT), from enterprise applications to industrial control systems, the company claims.
6. Business Expansion - MDR Services: Cingo Solutions, a managed detection and response (MDR) cybersecurity provider, has opened a new headquarters in Saint George, Utah. The new 6,000 square foot facility leverages AICPA SOC2 standards to assure the physical space achieved the necessary security protocols, multi-tiered security accesses, control sensors and smart-office technology, Cingo says.
5. Business Expansion - MSSP Services: CipherTechs, a New York City-based cybersecurity company, is expanding into northern New England with the opening of a new regional office in Boston.
4. Firewalls & MSP Dashboards: Sophos XG Firewall is now available through Sophos Central, bringing Sophos’ complete portfolio of cybersecurity solutions into a single, cloud-based management platform. Sophos partners and customers are now able to manage their next-gen endpoint and network protection from a single pane of glass, the company says.
3. Partnership - MSSP & MDR: Trustwave, a Top 100 MSSP, has partnered with Cybereason to further strengthen Trustwave Managed Detection and Response (MDR) for Endpoints, Meanwhile, Cybereason recently hired Cisco Systems veteran Ghazal Asif as senior VP of worldwide channels. It’s a key talent win for Cybereason, which may pursue an IPO.
2. Artificial Intelligence - Cylance: The company has launched the Cylance native AI platform, which delivers a suite of security solutions through a single agent. The agent supports deep-learning Al algorithms for threat detection, prevention, forensic investigation, and response capabilities to customers worldwide, Cylance says.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.