Each business day, MSSP Alert delivers this quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News
1. Microsoft Azure Arc Jumpstart Security Warning: Details from Tenable are here.
2. Channel Chief - Cyber Insurance: DataStream has appointed Larry Meador as its new channel chief. The cyber insurance provider, which is expanding from the U.S. to Canada, works with MSPs, MSSPs and other channel professionals. . Microsoft
3. Partnership - Canadian Government Cloud Security: ThinkOn and Lorica Cybersecurity have partnered to "bring next-generation encrypted data analytics solutions to the ThinkOn cloud computing platform," the companies said.
5. Cloud Detection and Response: Orca Security has added Cloud Detection & Response (CDR) capabilities to its agentless Cloud Security Platform to help organizations detect, investigate, and respond to in-progress attacks, the company said.
6. Artificial Intelligence: Darktrace has launched Darktrace Prevent, an "interconnected set of AI products that deliver a proactive cyber security capability to help organizations pre-empt future cyberattacks," the company said.
7. Web Security: Perception Point has launched Perception Point Advanced Browser Security, a web security solution that adds "enterprise-grade security to native Chrome and Edge browsers," the company asserted.
8. Launch: HiddenLayer, which develops a security platform that "safeguards the machine learning models enterprise organizations use behind their most important products," has emerged from stealth mode.
9. Thailand Spyware: A Thai minister has admitted the country uses surveillance software to track individuals in cases involving national security or drugs, amid revelations that government critics' phones had been hacked using the Israeli-made Pegasus spyware, Reuters noted.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce (July 26-27, Boston, Massachusetts)
- Black Hat USA (August 6-11, Las Vegas)
- Defcon 30 (August 11-14, Las Vegas)
- Gartner Identity and Access Management Summit 2022 (August 22-24, Las Vegas)
- Blue Team Con 2022 (August 27-28, Chicago)
- LogRhythm RhythmWorld 2022 (September 13-15, Denver, Colorado)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar