Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Microsoft Disrupts Alleged Russian Hackers: That's the latest cyberwar update associated with Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
3. Partnership - SAP Application Security: NTT DATA Business Solutions AG and SecurityBridge are expanding their strategic partnership to further enhance SAP application security. The two IT service providers have worked together in the North-European market since 2019. The NTT Data-SecurityBridge partnership is now expanding globally.
4. Identity Security and Compliance: CyberArk has achieved SOC 2 Type 2 certification that spans the CyberArk SaaS portfolio -- including privileged access management (PAM), endpoint privilege management, remote vendor access, Identity and Access Management, and cloud infrastructure entitlements management, the company indicated.
5. Ransomware Attacks University: North Carolina A&T State University suffered a ransomware attack in March, The Record reported.
6. Is Cyber Insurance Worth the Price?: Nearly 79% of policyholders believe cyber insurance is worth the cost, according to a Cowbell Cyber research report.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Purple Hats 2022 by AttackIQ (April 21)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- Black Hat Asia 2022 (May 10-13, Singapore)
- ForgeRock IDLive 2022 (May 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar