Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Partnership - MSP Security and Sales Automation: SaaS Alerts and Zomentum are partnering to help MSPs drive recurring cybersecurity recurring revenue. Among the key moves: SaaS Alerts is providing 300 existing MSP partners and 700 of its new partners in 2022 with a free license of Zomentum. The move allows MSPs to brand all marketing materials; build sales proposals with digital signature options for both an agreement or “decline of service” waivers; track pipeline activity; and collaborate with multiple companies in the sales process.
2. Funding and Acquisition - IoT Security: Claroty has raised $400 million in Series E funding, and the company is acquiring IoT security company Medigate. The overall Claroty business focuses on industrial (OT), healthcare (IoMT), and enterprise IoT sectors.
3. Partnership - Threat Intelligence: CyCognito has licensed the threat intelligence collected by Intel 471. The result: CyCognito is further enabling enterprise customers to strengthen their cybersecurity postures through the proactive detection and containment of targeted and advanced threats," the company asserted.
4. Integration - Security Incident Response: Elastic now integrates with ServiceNow. With connectors available for ServiceNow IT Service Management (ITSM), Security Incident Response (SIR), and IT Operations Management (ITOM), Elastic is "committed to delivering the best integrated product experience to joint customers," the company said.
6. Hotel Cyberattack: Here are details from Nordic Choice Hotels...