Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Biggest Ransomware Threat: WannaCry was the top ransomware malware for 2019m according for nearly 25 percent of all encryption ransomware attacks in 2019, according to PreciseSecurity.com research. WannaCry's total impact was $4 billion in damages worldwide, the research says.
2. Ransomware Attacks Truckstop.com: Details surfaced over the holiday.
3. Secure Collaboration: Cloudflare for Teams has surfaced....
4. Medical Device Cybersecurity Standards: The European Commission’s Medical Device Coordination Group published guidance aimed at preparing manufacturers to meet both premarket and postmarket cybersecurity requirements under the EU’s new medical device regulations, MedTechDive reports.
B. MSSP Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Talent - Attack Simulations: AttackIQ has hired Cylance veteran Pedro Vidal as vice president of North America sales. At Cylance, Vidal served as vice president of global solution sales, vice president of western North America sales and vice president of global consulting sales.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- CPX 360: Check Point 2020 Conference (January 27-29, New Orleans)
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- OKTA Oktane 2020 Cybersecurity Conference (March 30-April 2, San Francisco, California)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.