Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. San Francisco 49ers Ransomware Attack: Here is a timeline covering the attack and recovery efforts.
2. MSSP Mergers and Acquisitions: M&A activity involving MSSPs nearly tripled in 2021, according to Momentum Cyber. Related: See all MSSP M&A deals listed here, as tracked by MSSP Alert.
3. Cloud Infrastructure Entitlement Management (CIEM): Two updates on this front...
- One Identity has released the One Identity Cloud Infrastructure Entitlement Management (CIEM), "enabling businesses to support governance and privileged access for cloud infrastructure objects, the company said.
- Orca Security has added additional CIEM capabilities to its platform. The enhancements allow security teams to "manage their cloud security configuration, protect workloads, manage infrastructure entitlements, achieve broad regulatory compliance, and benchmark their cloud security from a single agentless multi-cloud platform," Orca asserts.
4. Talent: Appgate has hired Leo Taddeo as CISO and president of the Appgate Federal Division.
5. Distributed Cloud Services Security: F5 has unveiled Distributed Cloud Services that provide security, multi-cloud networking, and edge-based computing solutions on a unified software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform. The company is also launching the first new solution on this platform, F5 Distributed Cloud WAAP (Web Application and API Protection), which augments multiple security capabilities across F5 technologies in one SaaS offering.
6. Branding: LogRhythm is adjusting its brand and logo to communicate a "continued commitment to being cyber advisories and technology allies for our customers and partners by making cybersecurity operations easier and more effective for the people tasked with protecting our families, businesses and global communities."
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Zero Trust World 2022 (February 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- SonicWall Boundless 2022 (Feb 23-24, Virtual)
- GISEC 2022 (February 21-23, Saudi Arabia)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar