Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. FireEye XDR Launch: Here are details about a new FireEye XDR platform, which launched today.
2. Accenture Ransomware Lockbit Cyberattack: The latest details are here.
3. Alleged T-Mobile Data Breach: Details are here.
4. Microsoft Exchange Server ProxyShell Attacks: Details are here.
5. Ransomware Attacks Maine Wastewater Plants: The Department of Environmental Protection has warned municipalities and water-sector professionals to be on alert after two recent ransomware intrusions, believed to be the first on wastewater systems in Maine. The attacks occurred in Limestone and Mount Desert Island, Bangor Daily News reports.
6. Research - Iran Train System Cyberattack: The July 2021 cyberattacks vs. Iranian Railways and the Ministry Roads and Urban Development was launched by a hacker group called Indra, Check Point Software Technologies research alleges.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- AWS re:Inforce 2021 (August 24-25, Houston, Texas)
- CMMC Con 2021 (September 29, Virtual Event)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit (October 4-8, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- Exabeam Spotlight21 (October 4-6, Hybrid – virtual and face to face)
- BlackBerry Security Summit (October 13, Virtual Event)
- InfoSec World 2021 (October 25-27, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar