Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Partnerships - MSP Software: N-able continues to tout the company's Technology Alliance Program, which drives software integrations into the company's RMM- and MSP-focused software tools. Roughly 65 businesses are now in the program, up from about 40 in 2020. Key partners to join the program in 2021 include Cisco Systems, Liongard, Sophos, Webroot and Zomentum, among others. Security partners have also been key to the program. Examples include Armor, Blackpoint Cyber, Corent, Bandura Cyber, Infosec, Vonahi and Zeguro, according to N-able.
2. SPAC - AI Security: Gorilla Technology Group , a provider of edge artificial intelligence (AI) for security and other applications, is merging with Global SPAC Partners. Related: See a list of 100+ technology and security SPACs from ChannelE2E.
4. Alleged Hacker - Court Case. A U.S. prosecutor argued a Russian businessman accused of insider trading using hacked corporate information could use his wealth and Kremlin connections to flee the United States if he was granted bail, Reuters reported.