Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR), threat hunters and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to Editorial Director [email protected]. Thank you in advance for news tips.
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Colonial Pipeline Hires CISO: Prominent supply chain cyberattack victim Colonial Pipeline has hired Adam Tice as CISO. Most recently, Tice led security operations, detection and response, threat intelligence, and investigations at Silicon Valley Bank.
2. Talent - Supply Chain Security: Betsy Soehren-Jones has been named Chief Operation Officer (COO) of Fortress Information Security, a provider of supply chain cybersecurity for critical infrastructure organizations.
3. NIST Cybersecurity Framework Update?: NIST is seeking input as the organization prepares to potentially update the cybersecurity framework...
4. New York Security Operations Center (SOC): New York City Mayor Eric Adams and New York Governor Kathy Hochul, along with the mayors of Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, and Yonkers, have unveiled a new Joint Security Operations Center (JSOC) that will "bolster New York State's ability to combat cybersecurity threats and attacks," according to an announcement from state officials. The JSOC is based in Brooklyn.
5. MDR Partner Program: Difenda has launched a channel program, and hired CFW and Herjavec Group veteran Juliana Zaremba as strategic partnerships director.
6. Cloud Marketplace - MSP Security: Pax8's cloud marketplace in North America now includes WatchGuard's network security platform. The platform provides MSPs with network security, network visibility, SD-WAN, DNS filtering, policy management, threat detection, and more, the companies indicated.
7. Ransomware Mitigation - MSP Partner Program: Illumio has launched an MSP program "designed to help small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) reduce the risk of suffering from ransomware attacks and other breaches. Initial partners include FusionTek and Straight Edge Technology.
8. Ransomware Mitigation Warranty: Rubrik's ransomware warranty now includes the company’s isolated cloud vault service for critical data. Customers using Rubrik Cloud Vault, built on Microsoft Azure, can "benefit from the assurance that Rubrik will pay up to 5 million dollars in recovery-related costs, in the event Rubrik is unable to recover secured data," the company indicated.
9. Palo Alto Networks Counters SIEM: The effort involves Cortex XSIAM: an "AI-driven platform that can revolutionize the way data, analytics and automation are deployed by security organizations," the company asserted. Moreover, Palo Alto Networks predicted that "XSIAM will disrupt the multibillion dollar SIEM category by offering a modern alternative that can stay ahead of today's threat landscape."
10. Palo Alto Networks Quarterly Financial Results: Palo Alto Networks revenue was $1.3 billion in Q2 of fiscal 2022, up 30% compared to Q2 of fiscal 2021. The results generally beat Wall Street's expectations.
11. Cyber Platform: Forcepoint has launched Forcepoint ONE -- an "all-in-one cloud platform simplifies security for both traditional and remote workforces," the company asserted.
12. Container Protection: Redstor has launched a new service designed to help CSPs and MSPs protect Kubernetes environments in AWS.
13. Funding - Access Management Software: Astrix Security has raised $15 million in seed funding led by Bessemer Venture Partners and F2 Capital, with participation from Venrock and over 20 cybersecurity angel investors.
14. Funding - IoT Security: Phosphorus Cybersecurity has raised $38 million in Series A funding led by SYN Ventures and MassMutual Ventures.
B. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- SonicWall Boundless 2022 (Feb 23-24, Virtual)
- GISEC 2022 (February 21-23, Saudi Arabia)
- McAfee MPower Digital 2022 (March 22-23, Virtual)
- Apptega Amplify Partner Summit 2022 MSSP Security Conference (April 27-28, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar