Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Hardware Vulnerabilities: Here's a list of the most frequent and critical errors that can lead to serious vulnerabilities in hardware, according to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and MITRE.
2. Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) - Amazon Databases: Imperva has introduced Imperva Snapshot, a "free, fast and easy-to-use cloud data security posture assessment for Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) managed databases," Imperva said.
3. 5G Cloud Security: Guidance from the NSA and CISA is here.
4. Data Protection and Security: Commvault has announced Metallic Security IQ, a "unified security dashboard that provides customers with quick and meaningful insights into threats impacting their data landscape and their data backup security posture in their Metallic cloud environments," the company said. Metallic is a SaaS-based backup and disaster recovery (BDR) platform.
5. Research - Ransomware Attacks: The surge in ransomware attacks continues, rising 148 percent year-to-date, according to SonicWall research.
6. Research - Risk-Driven Security Operations: Netenrich's findings are here.
B. Cybersecurity Partner Programs, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. Penetration Testing: The CompTIA PenTest+ exam has been updated to further qualify penetration testing professionals.
2. Partnership - Managed Detection and Response (MDR): eSentire has expanded its partnership with Telarus from North America to Europe. Indeed, Telarus will bring eSentire’s MDR and Cyber Investigations Services to its digital strategists across the UK, Europe, and APAC, the companies said.
3. Partnership - Home WiFi Security: VMware and Amazon's eero business are partnering to secure home WiFi networks for remote workers. The relationship blends eero mesh WiFi systems with the VMware SASE Work from Home offering. VMware did not disclose whether the solution is multi-tenant for MSP use.
C. MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Virtual Events and Conference Calendar
- Saviynt Converge 21 Identity and Security Conference (November 3-5, Huntington Beach, California)
- AT&T Security Conference (November 3, Virtual)
- Black Hat Europe 2021 (November 8-11, London)
- InfoSec World (November 9-10, Virtual)
- Qualys Security Conference (QSC) 2021 (November 15-18, Las Vegas and Virtual)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar