Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 11 March 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the daily business update for Monday, March 11, 2019.
9. Citrix Network Breach: Citrix Systems has confirmed a network breach. The latest details are here.
8. Ransomware Attack: A ransomware attack prompted Jackson County, Georgia to pay a $400,000 ransom to hackers, according to the Athens Banner-Herald.
7. Microsoft Azure Cloud Security: The latest strategy updates from Microsoft are posted here.
6. IPO – Network Security: Tufin Software Technologies is pursuing a $100 million IPO, according to Ctech.
5. M&A – Artificial Intelligence & Cybersecurity: Comcast has acquired BluVector, a company that uses advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning to provide cybersecurity protection to companies and government agencies. Financial terms were not disclosed.
4. Research – EDR Market Forecast: The global endpoint detection and response market will reach $5.87 billion by 2025, up from $785.5 million in 2017. That’s a 28.8 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) during the forecast period, The Insight Partners predicts.
3. Talent – MSSP & SOC: Digital Hands, an MSSP and SOC as a s Service provider, has hired Myrna Soto as COO. Ingram Micro recently agreed to distribute Digital Hands’ SOC as a Service (SOCaaS) capabilities to partners.
2. Partnership – MSSP Software: Seceon and Genians are partnering to integrate Seceon aiSIEM with Genians Next-Gen NAC solution powered by Device Platform Intelligence (DPI). MSSP gain a solution for detection and stopping all known and unknown cyber threats in real-time from outside and within the organization, the companies say.
1. MSSP Alert Webcasts 2019: Our schedule is posted here. Register now to join us.