Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) News: 10 December 2019
Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across that managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. Ryuk Ransomware Decrypter: It sounds like Ryuk Ransomware is evolving, which means decryption after an attack can be extra tricky. Amid that reality, Emsisoft says it has some new approaches to assist partners and customers with the decryption process.
2. Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR): Everbridge has launched Smart Orchestration Cockpit, which allows IT organizations to build, execute and monitor their incident response workflows using a drag-and-drop interface, the company says.
3. Funding – Autonomous Cloud Security: Rezilion, which develops an autonomous cloud workload protection platform, has emerged from stealth with $8 million in seed funding led by Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP).
4. Identity as a Service (IaaS): IBM Security has extended its Cloud Identity technology from the financial services industry into all vertical markets. The identity as a service (IDaaS) technology leverages artificial intelligence, IBM says.
5. MSP Software – RMM & Security: Barracuda Networks is connecting the dots between the company’s products to assist MSPs with business automation and security. The latest step involves Barracuda Content Shield integrating with Managed Workplace, the company’s remote monitoring and management (RMM) platform. MSPs that run Managed Workplace can now leverageContent Shield’s web filtering and malware protection. The integration comes amid Barracuda MSP’s rapidly expanding international footprint.
6. Cloud Container Security: McAfee has unveiled MVISION Cloud for Containers, which integrates container security with Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) and Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) capabilities.
7, Talent – MSP Security: RapidFire Tools veteran Matthew Koenig has joined Secure Now! as VP of sales.
8. Talent – Managed Threat Detection: Redscan Chief Technology Officer Mark Nicholls has been awarded a fellowship from CREST, the international not-for-profit accreditation and certification body in information security.
9. Domain Provider – Data Breach: Network Solutions has disclosed a data breach that involved a limited number of computer systems.
10. Web Hosting Scam?: At least 20 web hosting providers shut down on December 9. Customers had only two days notice to save or migrate their data, ZDnet reports. The 20 websites were likely part of an affiliate scheme or a multi-brand business that may have involved an “exit scam” to grab money from customers and then disappear from the Internet.
11. SIEM: Cato Networks has introduced Cato Instant*Insight, which integrates SIEM capabilities into a secure access service edge (SASE) platform.
12. Application Security: ZeroNorth, a provider of risk-based vulnerability orchestration for applications and infrastructure, has launched a solution for Rapid Application Security.
B. MSSP Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Distribution – MDR: Interwork Technologies, a specialty distributor focused on cybersecurity, has agreed to distribute eSentire‘s managed detection and response (MDR) services to partners. eSentire is a Top 200 MSSP for 2019 and a Top 20 MDR provider.
2. Home Security: Windstream has launched a home Internet protection bundle called Kinetic Secure. The bundle leverages technology from F-Secure.
3. Resellers – Threat Detection and Incident Response: ARIA Cybersecurity Solutions has lined up two new resellers — HIC Network Security Solutions and SYNACKTEK.
4. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
C. Next Five Cybersecurity Conferences
- Gartner Identity and Access Management (IAM) Conference (December 10-12, Las Vegas)
- CPX 360: Check Point 2020 Conference (January 27-29, New Orleans)
- PerchyCon 2020 MSP Security Conference (January 29-31, Tampa, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2020 (February 24-28, San Francisco)
- Women in CyberSecurity (WiCys) Conference 2020 (March 12-14, Aurora, Colorado)
- Bonus: The complete MSSP Alert calendar
Email me your news, rumors and tips for potential coverage here on MSSP Alert.