This week's Black Hat USA 2018 conference in Las Vegas continues to generate new products and services designed for MSSPs and channel partners that are pushing deeper into managed security, managed detection and response (MDR), and more.
Here are Day Three conference highlights involving cloud, artificial intelligence, endpoint security, vulnerability management and more.
1. Financial Results - Identity Governance: SailPoint Technologies Holdings, which is touting enterprise identity governance at the conference, says revenues were $54.6 million in Q2 2018, up 39 percent from Q2 2017.
2. Momentum - Bug Hunting: Bugcrowd, a crowdsourced security specialist, recently added 15 new security industry technology and channel partners. Customers use Bugcrowd to manage their bug bounty, vulnerability disclosure, and penetration testing programs.
3. Risk Mitigation: Unisys has launched TrustCheck, an analytics-driven service that allows businesses to assess the potential financial impact of cyber risks.
4. Threat Detection and Response: Proofpoint has released three enhancements that specifically address Targeted Attack Protection (TAP) Isolation for personal webmail and browsing defense; enhanced threat detection; and new Threat Response python scripting.
6. Partnership: MyWorkDrive and Duo Security are partnering to address secure remote access. MyWorkDrive develops a data leak prevention tool that provides secure remote access to enterprise file sharing and editing services. Duo Security is a fast-growing provider of unified access security and multi-factor authentication. Cisco Systems last week announced plans to acquire Duo for $2.35 billion.
7. Top Cloud Security Threats: The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) has released the Top Threats to Cloud Computing: Deep Dive, a case-study analysis that provides more technical details dealing with architecture, compliance, risk and mitigations for each of the cloud computing threats and vulnerabilities identified in the Treacherous 12: Top Threats to Cloud Computing (2016), the organization says.
8. MSPs Missing In Action: Small MSPs are largely missing from the conference. That's a mistake. A quick walk of the trade show floor reveals dozens -- perhaps hundreds -- of services that MSPs can leverage in their businesses...
9. Thursday's Meetings: MSSP Alert is set to grab some time today with eSentire, IBM Security, Infogressive, Exabeam, MKACyber, Optiv, Sophos and RSA, among other companies. Stay tuned for meeting updates and recaps.
10. More MSSP-Related News: Got news to share from Black Hat? Please email me the information ([email protected]) and we’ll potentially work it into our ongoing coverage. Track all Black Hat news developments for MSSPs here.