Each morning MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the global managed security services provider, SOC (security operations center) and IT outsourcing ecosystem.
Here’s the update for Tuesday, October 2, 2018.
8. M&A - Cloud Security, Compliance Monitoring: OpsCompass has acquired Agape Red. Together, the companies will focus on compliance-driven monitoring for Microsoft Azure, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) support also on the roadmap. Advanced security products are under development for release in early 2019, the companies say.
7. Funding: Secure enterprise file services specialist CTERA Networks has raised $30 million in Series D growth equity funding round. The round was led by Red Dot Capital Partners with the support of new investor Singtel Innov8 and with the participation of all existing shareholders: Benchmark Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, Cisco, Venrock, Vintage Investment Partners and Viola Group. The company plans to invest heavily in Southeast Asia and Singapore.
6. Partner Program: Tufin, which develops Network Security Policy Orchestration solutions, has launched a Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP) Program. Leveraging Tufin's software as a service, MSSPs can automate policy changes that improve security across heterogeneous networks, the company says. We'll share more details soon.
5 . Partner Program: InfoSec Institute, which provides IT security education and workforce security awareness training, has launched a partner program for MSPs, VARs and OEMs. (MSPs), value-added resellers (VARs) and OEMs. The company's flagship security awareness and training solution is called SecurityIQ. Michael Nobers, director of global channel sales, is driving the partner program.
4. Incident Response: Tenable has upgraded its Nessus Professional vulnerability assessment solution. The offering is designed to "accelerate the time to identify, prioritize and remediate cyber exposure issues," the company says.
3. Talent: Optiv Security has hired Michael Doucet as executive director, office of the CISO. He's focused on the Canadian market -- which has been a major Optiv focus area since 2016. Last year, the company acquired Conexsys, a Toronto-based security solutions provider, and has continued to expand its presence in that market.
2. AWS Cloud Security: True Digital Security, an MSSP and IT consulting firm, has achieved Solution Provider Partner status in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN). The company will assist AWS customers with security, compliance, risk management and governance requirements. In addition to cloud adoption services, True's core offerings include Managed Detection & Response, Managed SIEM services and Managed IT Services delivered from a SOC 2 Type II audited operations centers.
1. This Week’s Conferences: MSSP Alert is closely tracking cybersecurity partner news this week at:
If you’ve got news to share from those gatherings please email me ([email protected]).