This week’s most read managed security services provider (MSSP) news stories involved:
10. NIST Patch Management Guides: Two patch management guides from NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) may help MSPs & MSSPs to improve vulnerability management.
9. Optiv Launches Privileged Access Management (PAM) as a Service: The new offering is powered by CyberArk Privilege Cloud.
8. Top 40 MDR Security Companies: Here's a look at the overall managed detection and response (MDR) security market, and the associated MSSP partner strategies.
7. CrowdStrike Venture Fund Embraces MSP, MSSP Focused Security Startups: CrowdStrike Falcon Fund nurtures MSP & MSSP solutions for SaaS security; threat intelligence; SOAR (security orchestration, automation & response); patch management automation & more.
6. Vista Equity Invests In MDR Security Provider Critical Start: Here's why private equity firms and venture capital companies have growing interest in the MDR (managed detection and response) security market.
5. M&A List - Identity and Access Management (IAM) Acquisitions: Here are the top buyers, sellers and investors in the IAM security market.
4. Top 250 MSSPs: Our annual look at the world’s top managed security services providers.
3. Thoma Bravo Acquires Identity Security Company SailPoint: The $6.9 billion deal includes a "go shop" period that may allow SailPoint to find higher bids for the identity security business.
2. Kaseya Buys Datto: The acquisition creates an MSP software giant that has growing managed security expertise.
1. KKR Acquires Barracuda Networks From Thoma Bravo: What's next for the MSP-friendly security company? We provide the clues.