Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP Alerts
1. MSP Hacks - Secret Service Statement: The US Secret Service sent out a security alert in June 2020 to the US private sector and government organizations warning about an increase in hacks of managed service providers (MSPs), ZDnet reports.
2. Security Operations Center (SOC): Check Point Software Technologies has launched Infinity SOC, which unifies threat prevention, detection, investigation and remediation in a single, centrally managed platform. MSSP Alert is checking to see if Infinity SOC is multi-tenant for MSP and MSSP consumption.
3. Trial - Alleged Hacker: After a nearly four-month hiatus, the criminal trial of accused hacker Yevgeniy Nikulin resumed June 6 in federal court in San Francisco, marking the first time the Northern District has seen an in-person jury since it halted operations and suspended trials due to the coronavirus pandemic, Courthouse News reports.
4. Network Security: F5 has unveiled Silverline Shape Defense, a managed security service that protects websites from bots, credential stuffing, scraping, and other automated attacks.
5. Credit Card Skimmer Warning: MalwareBytes shares details here.
B. Five Upcoming Cybersecurity Conferences
- Black Hat USA 2020 (August 1-6, Virtual Conference)
- FireEye Cyber Defense Summit 2020 (October 26-29, Location Undisclosed)
- Exabeam Spotlight20 (November 9-11, Virtual Conference)
- Palo Alto Networks Ignite20 (November 9-12, Las Vegas)
- RSA Conference 2021 (May 17-21, San Francisco)
- Bonus: MSSP Alert’s complete event calendar