Each business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a quick lineup of news, analysis and chatter from across the managed security services provider ecosystem.
- The Content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), eXtended Detection and Response (XDR) and MSP security providers — and those who need to partner up with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every business morning. Typically one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reaching Our Inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity News Alerts
1. Executive Leadership - Top 250 MSSP: Optiv has named Jason Lewkowicz as senior vice president of cyber defense and applied security (CDAS). The result: Lewkowicz oversees all aspects of cyber operations, security solutions and capabilities.
2. Executive Leadership - Threat Detection and Response: Blumira has promoted VP of Product Jim Simpson to CEO. Simpson succeeds Blumira co-founder Steve Fuller, who shifts to chief strategy officer. Simpson previously led product management for the access security provider Duo Security, acquired by Cisco in 2018 for $2.35 billion. Earlier, he led engineering and UX at the network security company Arbor Networks, acquired by NETSCOUT in 2015.
5. Partner Program - OT and IoT: Onclave Networks has joined the Anterix Security Collective Program, a group focused on "fostering sector-specific knowledge, solutions, and collaboration in response to growing cyber-physical security concerns for our nation's utilities."
6. Growth - Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR): Swimlane has grown nearly 700 percent from 2017 to 2021, though the company did not reveal actual revenue dollar figures.
7. Spinout - Artificial Intelligence: Booz Allen Hamilton has spun out its commercial artificial intelligence (AI) platform Modzy into a standalone company. The Modzy spinout follows a similar move to spin off cyber threat hunting and detection platform SnapAttack. Booz Allen will maintain a minority ownership stake in Modzy. Financial terms were not disclosed. Meanwhile, Booz Allen also continues to acquire cybersecurity-focused businesses.
8. Data Security and Cloud Monitoring: Datadog has launched Sensitive Data Scanner, a new service that allows customers to detect, classify and protect sensitive data found in their application logs. Datadog did not say whether the Sensitive Data Scanner service is multi-tenant for MSPs and MSSPs.