This week’s most read managed security services provider (MSSP) news stories involved:
10. Avertium Launches Managed XDR Security Service: Avertium, a Top 250 MSSP, releases the Fusion managed eXtended detection & response (MXDR) service to help organizations combat current and emerging cyber threats.
9. Record Breaking Year for Ransomware Attacks, WatchGuard Predicts: A “massive explosion” in ransomware detections in the first quarter of 2022 should prompt organizations globally to double down on their cybersecurity efforts, according to the quarterly Internet Security Report from WatchGuard Technologies.
8. Russia Cyberattacks vs. Ukraine – The Timeline: A day-by-day look at Russia’s kinetic and cyber war vs. Ukraine.
7. Financial Services Firms Need MSP and MSSP Security Assistance: Increased spending in cybersecurity and digital transformation (DX) among financial services and alternative investment businesses will trigger greater reliance on MSPs and MSSPs to protect digital assets, according to ECI research.
6. SentinelOne-Torq Security Automation Integration Surfaces: SentinelOne has integrated Torq no-code security automation capabilities into its Singularity eXtended detection and response (XDR) platform.
5. Remote Access Trojan Targets Home Office Routers: Cybercriminals have been using a remote access trojan to target small office/home office (SOHO) devices for nearly two years, Lumen Technologies reports.
4. New Black Basta Ransomware Gang Attacks 50 Targets: Cybereason is sounding a loud alarm about a new ransomware group called Black Basta, which is demanding payment of up to $2 million since surfacing in April 2022.
3. Top 40 MDR Service Providers: Our annual look at leaders from the world of managed detection and response (MDR) services.
1. Ten Cybersecurity Companies that Empower MSSPs: Indeed, MSSPs say these cybersecurity companies most greatly influence their success with endpoint, network, cloud, SOC, SIEM & SOAR services.