10 Most Read MSSP, MDR and Managed Security News Stories: Week Ended 10 June 2022
This week’s most read managed security services provider (MSSP) news stories involved:
10. What Broadcom-VMware Deal Means for Carbon Black MSSPs: Here’s what the Broadcom-VMware M&A deal may mean for MSSPs & security-driven MSPs that run VMware Carbon Black endpoint security software.
9. Microsoft MSDT Zero Day Vulnerability: Microsoft Office RCE ‘Follina’ MSDT attack vector details, and Zero Day mitigation strategies for MSSPs & security-driven MSPs.
8. MSSP M&A List: An M&A list of MSSP mergers, acquisitions, buyouts & investments involving managed security services providers (MSSPs), Managed Detection & Response (MDR) & more.
7. Google Cloud’s Latest Security Partner Programs: Google Cloud & Chronicle teams build multiple security partner programs to engage software companies, MSSPs, MSPs & other security ecosystems.
6. SaaS Application Security Funding: Private equity firm Thoma Bravo invests in AppOmni, a SaaS security management startup. Thoma Bravo already owns MSP-friendly software companies such as ConnectWise, N-able & Sophos.
5. Top 40 MDR Service Providers: Our annual look at leaders from the world of managed detection and response (MDR) services.
4. Russia Cyberattacks vs. Ukraine – The Timeline: A day-by-day look at Russia’s kinetic and cyber war vs. Ukraine.
3. Cybereason Layoffs: Cybereason staff cuts reflect weak demand for IPOs (initial public offerings). Security company must control costs while competing vs. CrowdStrike, SentinelOne.
1. RSA Conference 2022 News Recap: RSA Conference 2022 security news for MSSPs & MSPs from Arctic Wolf, BlackBerry, Cisco, Cynet, Deepwatch, DNSFilter, Dragos, Fortinet, Lumu, Mandiant, MorganFranklin, Optiv & more.